Worldwide Political Science Abstracts.
Index details: Ann Arbor, MI: ProQuest, 1975-. Monthly.
Coverage: 1975 to present
Provides over 436,000 citations and abstracts indexing approximately 1,432 international serials in political science and its complementary fields, including international relations, law, and public administration / policy. Includes the merged backfiles of Political Science Abstracts, 1975-2000, and ABC POL SCI, 1984-2000. Many records from key journals in political science, published since 2000, also include the references cited in the bibliography of the source article. All records added since 2000 are indexed using a thesaurus of over 3,000 terms.
According to “Introduction to Research in International Law, Research Guide” (see Further Reading), this online resource provides “citations, abstracts, and indexing of the international
journal literature in political science and its complementary fields, including comparative politics,
developing nations, disarmament, economic policy, electoral systems, environmental policy,
government/political systems, history and theory of political science, international relations/trade, labor relations, military policy, methodology and research, political behavior, political economy, political psychology, politics and law, politics and communication, politics and religion, politics and society, public administration, security and defense, and welfare systems.
The database is building on the merged backfiles of Political Science Abstracts, published from 1975-2000 and ABC POL SCI, published from 1984-2000.
Over 1,700 titles are being monitored for coverage and, of these, 67% are published outside of the United States. The references cited in the bibliography of the source article have been included for citations to core journals in political science, added to the database since 2001, and for all journals added since 2004. Each individual reference may also have links to an abstract and/or to other papers that cite that reference. New records are added monthly with approximately 35,000 new records added per year.
Electronic Resources Web Page
- Anthropology PLUS
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Historical Abstracts
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals
- International Bibliography of Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Multilateral Treaties Deposited with the Secretary-General
- Peace Research Abstracts Journal
- PAIS: Public Affairs Information Service
- Sociological Abstracts
- Web of Knowledge Citation Indexing Service
- Women Studies International
- Web of Science
- World Encyclopedia of Peace
- Encyclopedia of Public International Law
- Gabor, Francis A. Guide to Legal Research and Writing from the Transnational Perspective. Lake Mary, FL : Vandeplas Publishing, 2008.
- Hoffman, Marci, International Legal Research in a Nutshell. St. Paul, MN : Thomson/West, 2008.
- Germain, Claire M., Germain’s Transnational Law Research : a Guide for Attorneys, Ardsley-on-Hudson, N.Y. : Transnational Juris Publications, Inc., 1991- .
- Introduction to Research in International Law, Research Guide,University of Southern California Libraries, available at https://www.usc.edu/libraries/locations/vkc/history/documents/INTLAWB.pdf
References and Further Reading
About the Author/s and Reviewer/s