Spanish Translation of gender discrimination
This is the legal translation of English to Spanish in relation to gender discrimination and / or a definition of this topic: Discriminación por Motivo de Sexo (in Spanish, without translation of the dictionary entry).
Gender Discrimination in Election Law
Differential treatment to individuals on the grounds of their gender. In many societies, this involves systematic and structural discrimination against women in the distribution of income, access to resources and participation in decision making.
In relation to the gender discrimination and constitutional law, Jimena Suarez Ibarrola and Gautam Bhatia made the following observation: 1 In ordinary language, ‘gender’ is a complex word that carries multiple meanings. It is often contrasted with the word ‘sex’, which is taken to refer to a biological reality. Gender, on the other hand, is understood as the ‘social construction of sex’—although this understanding has itself been challenged (Mikkola). Historically, ‘gender discrimination’ has operated through the construction of stereotypes, which have been used to justify denial of access to equal rights in public and private spheres (‘direct discrimination’), or to shape public and private (…)
This entry provides an overview of the legal framework of gender discrimination, with a description of the most significant features of gender discrimination at international level.
Related Work and Conclusions
- Why We Must Oppose The Full Decriminalization Of Prostitution, Taina Bien-Aime, Jul 2017
- Criminalizing Pregnancy, Cortney E. Lollar, Jul 2017
- Sexual Hostility A Mile High, Michelle L.D. Hanlon, Jul 2017
- The United States As Global Sheriff: Using Unilateral Sanctions To Combat Human Trafficking, Janie Chuang, Jun 2017
- Find Out What It Means To Me: The Politics Of Respect And Dignity In Sexual Orientation Antidiscrimination, Jeremiah A. Ho, Jun 2017
- Pushback: Title Vii Takes On Hobby Lobby, Carole Okolowicz, May 2017
Notes and References
- Max Planck Encyclopedia of Comparative Constitutional Law, Jimena Suarez Ibarrola, Gautam Bhatia, “Gender Discrimination” (2018, Germany, United Kingdom)
- Gender discrimination
- Election Law
- Electoral Laws
- Electoral Legislation